Saturday, November 29, 2014

Sprite - Safe Haven Baptist Church - sign

Sprite - Safe Haven Baptist Church - sign

There's a joke in here somewhere, but I'm not going to make it. :)

Often I've seen signs like this with Sprite or Coke or Pepsi or Mountain Dew where the drink is featured prominently and the business is on the lower half. I've always assumed there's some kind of arrangement where the soda company would buy the business a sign if their drink was featured at the top. I'd just never seen it at a church before. These sprite signs are my favorite. Does this style date back to the 60's? The green and red things along the middle somewhat remind me of stained glass in a church vestibule, so maybe this combo does work.

Seen along Dayton Blvd. (US27) in the Red Bank suburb of Chattanooga.

No comments:

Post a Comment